Advanced Petrochemical Company and SK Gas to build PDH and PP plant
2020-04-04    [Source:chemicals-technology]
share:

 PUdaily, Shanghai--Saudi Arabia’s Advanced Petrochemical Company has signed an agreement with South Korean company SK Gas for constructing and operating propane dehydrogenation (PDH) and polypropylene (PP) plants in Jubail Industrial City, Saudi Arabia.

    The plant will be built with an investment of $1.8bn and will have a capacity to produce 843,000t of propylene and 800,000 polypropylene annually.

    As part of this initiative, Advanced Global Investment Company (AGIC), a subsidiary of Advanced and SK Gas Petrochemical (SKGP), signed a shareholder agreement to create a joint venture (JV) company called Advanced Polyolefins Company.

    About 25% of the project will be financed using equity from shareholders, while the remaining 75% will be financed by the JV from borrowing from lenders.

    AGIC will own an 85% equity stake in the newly formed JV company, while the remaining 15% will be owned by SKGP.

    In addition, AGIC has signed a license agreement with US-based Lummus Technology for the supply of CATOFIN Technology for a 843KTA PDH plant.

    It also executed two licence agreements with an Italian firm called Basell Poliolefine Italia for procuring SPHERIPOL Technology and SPHERIZONE Technology for two PP plants. Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

    AGIC also signed a conditional land allocation letter with Royal Commission for the Project in Jubail II.

    Construction of the facility is expected to begin next year and Saudi Aramco has agreed to supply propane on a long term basis.

    The company noted that the financial impact of the investment is expected after the manufacturing facility begins its operation by the second half of 2024.

Reprinted statement: This article is reprinted from other website, which only represents the opinions of the author and it does not represent the stand of this website. Please notify if violating the original author's copyright and we will remove it immediately.

About Us  |  Feedback  |  Clients  |  Contact
Tel: 0086-21-61250980 E-mail: info@pudaily.com Fax: 0086-21-61159277
© 2007 Suntower Consulting Limited.  All Rights Reserved  沪ICP备07503201号 gs沪公网安备31011202002186号